Welcome to our series of tutorials on how to develop your media and interview skills so you and your team can conduct a quality interview with Grandma and upload her story to the Grandma’s Story website, so other young people in Europe can see your work.
The course is aimed at Youth Workers and young people involved in their community who would like to interview a grandma and tell her story to the rest of Europe.
Aims of the course: - The aim of this course is to develop your basic filming making and interview skills so you and your team can conduct an interview with confidence. What you will learn using the video tutorials.
- Setup and use a camera to record video
- Learn about cutaway objects and photos that you can use in final edit to enhance the story you are telling
- Setup and use an audio recording device
- Learn about lighting for an interview
- Put those 3 elements together to setup for an interview
- Copyright, what is it and why is it important to Interviews skills
- Learn basic film editing skills by using free software you can download to put your interview together and make it look professional
- How to upload your interview to the “Grandma’s Tales” website.