Back to module list
Images of Grandma’s from interviews
To contribute to the pop-up exhibitions we have created an easy to use Story Creator tool. The Story Creator enables you create and share the stories of migrant grandmas online and in pop-up exhibitions throughout Europe. In this module you will learn what information you need to gather from the grandmas and how to add this via the web to create their story.
Screenshot of the Grandma’s Story online exhibition, selection of grandmas
Your task is gather the migration story of a Grandma in your community, add it to the pop-up exhibition via the Story Creator and share online. All stories are structured in the same format to allow for easier viewing by the exhibition visitors.
You will gather:
- Profile photo of the Grandma (current photo)
- Profile photo of the Grandma (photo from the past)
- Name of Grandma
- Where the Grandma was born
- Current home of the Grandma
- Video interview with the Grandma
- Text introduction to the grandma and her story
- Photo of her precious object and any other additional photos she provides
Once you have gathered these resources you are reading to login and add them to the pop-up exhibition.
Screenshot of one of the Grandma's stories
Below is the process you will follow to add a new story to the online exhibition. You can also view the tutorial video from the links below www.youtube.com/XXXXXXXXX
To help to create your video interview of the Grandma you should view our series of Tutorial videos here: http://grandmas-story.eu/home-en/tutorial-videos
Before starting to add your story to the platform you should upload the interview video to YouTube. You can view this video to show you how to add your interview to YouTube www.youtube.com/XXXXXXXXX
- Register for the Grandma’s Story online exhibition platform http://grandmas-story.eu/login?view=registration
- Log in using your user name and password
- Click ‘Add Story’ (When you have created stories you will see them in a list here and click on them to
- Click ‘New’ to create a new story. You will see a series of fields to complete.
- Add the Grandma’s name (first name only)
- Add the birthplace of the Grandma (town or city and country)
- Add the current home of the Grandma (town or city and country)
- Upload the profile photo of your grandma from the present. Click upload, find the image file on your
- You can click ‘Save’ after entering each field or ‘Save & Close’ when all fields are completed.
- Add a title to for the image to help people vision problems e.g. ‘Present day photo of Agnese’
- Upload the profile photo of your grandma from the past. Click upload, find the image file on your
- Add a title to for the image to help people vision problems e.g. ‘Photo of Agnese from 1950 in India’
- Add introduction text using the text editor. You should introduce the Grandma and briefly tell her
story of her origin and her migration journey. (Suggested to be less than 1000 characters).
- Add the link to your video interview. Copy the unique YouTube 11 character ID from YouTube and
paste into the form field. The story creator will then embed the video into the story.
- Upload additional photos – image of her precious object and any other images that you would like to
add to help tell her story.
- When you have completed all fields change the ‘Status’ field to ‘Published’.
- Your story will now be live on the online exhibition and will be displayed in the pop-up exhibitions.
Congratulations! You have successfully added the Grandma’s story to the exhibition using the Story Creator tool. It will now be displayed online and at pop-up exhibitions. You should now share your story view social media and encourage others to learn more of the migration journeys of the Grandmas.
You should now add even more stories!